Innovative treatments mean you get to receive the dental work you need without the fear or pain!
It has been estimated that up to 50% of Americans do not visit the dentist on a regular basis, and of those people, up to 15% avoid dental care because of an immense fear of the dentist! That means at least 30 million Americans are shying away from the dental chair due to a related phobia!
In fact, dental phobias are so common, that they have made a name for it: dentophobia. If you suffer from an intense fear of the dental chair there is now enhanced treatment and care so you don’t suffer anxiety as soon as you walk through the door!
Stressless in the dental chair with Elite Dental…
At Elite Dental in Staten Island, we understand your fear of the dentist and as such provide treatments to allow you a relaxed, virtually pain-free dental experience. We offer conscious sedation utilizing sedatives in tandem with Nitrous Oxide. Our principal dentist Dr Steve Acker is New York State Certified in Conscious Sedation, so you can literally rest easy knowing you are inexperienced and capable hands.
Are you a candidate for sedation dentistry?
If you are contemplating sedation dentistry for your dental treatment, you are an ideal candidate if you:
• Suffer from a high fear of dental treatment or dislike needles or shots.
• Hate the noises, smells or tastes associated with dental care.
• Are afraid or embarrassed by your teeth.
• Require extensive dental work.
• Have had negative dental experiences.
• Have very sensitive teeth.
• Have a strong gag reflex.
• Have difficulty achieving a numb sensation.
• Have limited time to undergo dental restoration.
At Elite Dental in Staten Island, we endeavour to ensure your optimal comfort with each and every visit.
For more information on sedation dentistry or to book an appointment at our Staten Island dental practice, please contact us.