- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 176C/350F.
Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really, blend well.
Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8-by-8 pan. Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes.
Let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.