While gaps from missing teeth can distract from your smile, they can also be very harmful to your dental and overall health
At Elite Dental of Staten Island we are committed to helping our patients avoid the serious consequences of tooth loss and not replacing missing teeth. We provide a wide range of advanced dental implant options to suit the unique needs of each of our individual patients.
The real dangers of tooth loss
The appearance of missing teeth can damage a person’s confidence when it comes to their smile. In addition to this, there are a number of health concerns one must consider when addressing tooth loss. These are concerns such as:
- Shifting of the other teeth to compensate for the missing tooth causing a misaligned bite which can:
– Make eating difficult
– Cause headaches
– Cause neck pain
- The jawbone will begin to deteriorate without the stimulation of the missing tooth, which can harm the surrounding teeth
- Speech and eating patterns can be obstructed
Changes in technology
While in the past replacing missing teeth was often associated with removable dentures and lengthy, painful restorative treatments, today treating tooth loss is far more advanced.
With the current innovative technology used throughout the dental industry, patients now have the option of fixed dental implants. This is a permanent solution for missing teeth so patients can go about their lives as if nothing ever changed.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are essentially a small biocompatible titanium screw which is placed directly into your jawbone material at the site of tooth loss. After a period of months your dental implant will fuse with the jawbone as it heals, in a process known as osseointegration.
Once this process has taken place the dental implant will provide a strong and durable tooth root alternative. A dental crown (cap) or bridge (three caps fused together to form one dental appliance) will then be placed over the implant to complete your restored smile.
The benefits of dental implants are:
There are a number of different benefits when considering dental implants, including:
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for a missing tooth or many missing teeth
- Your finished restoration will match your natural teeth in appearance, function and feel
- By replacing missing teeth you can restore the function and appearance of your teeth and bite
- Dental implants allow you to retain the jawbone structure
Comprehensive care with Elite Dental in Staten Island
At Elite Dental of Staten Island our patients and their comfort and care is always our first priority. Our dedicated professional team are passionate about total oral care, and strive to enrich the oral and overall health of our clients.
If you have a missing tooth / teeth, please do not hesitate to contact our skilled dental professionals to discuss your dental implant options.