Ask a question or
book an appointment
Get in touch with the Elite Dental of Staten Island team and see how we can help transform your smile!
The benefits of using clear aligners:
- They are virtually invisible. Most of the people you meet will never even realize that you’re having your teeth straightened.
- They are more comfortable than conventional braces and fit perfectly over your teeth.
- They are easier to clean. You can remove them to brush and clean your teeth, which makes for improved overall wellness.
- Clear Aligners in most cases are just as effective as braces and in some cases may even be more effective than braces and/or with shorter treatment times.
- In many cases, with Clear Aligner treatment there are fewer orthodontic appointments.
- You do not need to restrict your diet to softer foods like you would need to do if you choose braces, so there is no need to go without chewing gum, popcorn, nuts, and hard foods.
Preview your new smile with 3D Imaging
Prior to undergoing treatment, patients may view the final results of treatment on our monitors through the use of advanced 3D imaging equipment which performs a digital scan of your mouth. During your initial appointment Dr. Acker will write a treatment plan and take impressions and photos of your teeth. Using the latest in 3D computer imaging you will be able to preview your final appearance immediately.
Clear Aligners are an orthodontic treatment that is virtually invisible yet still straightens your teeth. It comprises a series of custom-made, clear, removable aligners worn 22 hours a day that exert a mild pressure on your teeth, forcing them to move. You will wear new aligners every two weeks, so that your teeth gradually move into the desired position.
These clear invisible aligners do not require metal brackets or wires, so the mouth irritation and oral sores that are often associated with traditional braces are reduced. Because the aligners are flexible and comfortable to wear, they don’t require any lifestyle changes despite daily wear. They are removable, which means you can take them out to eat, brush, and floss. They can also be easily removed for special events, like weddings, interviews or school dances. Because they are virtually invisible, most people won’t even realize you are undergoing treatment.
Before starting the process, you have the option of viewing the final results of your treatment on our monitors with the use of our advanced 3D computer imaging equipment. During your first consultation, we will create a customized treatment plan for you and take impressions of your teeth. You will be able to preview your final appearance immediately.
Clear Aligners Staten Island
For more information on Clear Aligner treatment, please contact Dr Steve Acker on (718) 370 1200.