Ask a question or
book an appointment
Get in touch with the Elite Dental of Staten Island team and see how we can help transform your smile!
Candidates for Sedation Dentistry, include patients;
- Suffering from a high fear of dental treatment or dislike needles or shots.
- Hate the noises, smells or tastes associated with dental care.
- Are afraid or embarrassed by their teeth.
- Require extensive dental work.
- Have had negative dental experiences.
- Have very sensitive teeth.
- Have a strong gag reflex.
- Have difficulty achieving a numb sensation.
- Have limited time to undergo dental restoration.
Sedation dentistry is an option for patients who are anxious about undergoing dental treatment. We offer a number of conscious sedation techniques, which allow our patients to achieve the highest level of comfort during treatment. In most cases, nitrous oxide is used, and although you will remain conscious, you will stay in a deep state of relaxation while you undergo your dental procedure.
If you suffer from a high fear of dental treatment or a dislike of needles, sedation dentistry may be a suitable option for you. Similarly, if you dislike the sounds, smells, and tastes associated with dental care, you may opt for sedation.
Sedation dentistry is also suitable for patients who require extensive dental work, have had negative dental experiences in the past, have very sensitive teeth, have a strong gag reflex, have limited time to undergo dental restoration, or have difficulty achieving a numb sensation.
The sedative agents that are currently available offer a high degree of safety and effectiveness for your dental treatment. You can rest assured that you will be safe throughout your treatment — your vital signs will be monitored and you won’t be left alone at any time.
Your needs for sedative management, should they be necessary, will be discussed during your new patient experience at Elite Dental of Staten Island. To find out more about sedation dentistry, please contact us.