Elite Dental offers emergency dentistry services to get your out of pain
Dental emergencies are unexpected and happen so quickly. Maybe it was a sporting accident, or you fell over while ice skating? Or maybe you just woke up with an extreme toothache?
No matter the reason, any severe pain, bleeding, swelling, infection, trauma or tooth loss all require emergency dentistry care from Elite Dental on Staten Island.
We will get you out of pain and on your way.
What’s not a dental emergency?
Are you suffering an issue that can wait a few days before visiting the dentist? Then it most likely is not a dental emergency and there is no need to panic.
Dental issues such as small tooth chips, discoloration, minor toothaches, lost crowns or fillings, or any other problem that does not cause bleeding, an infection or severe pain can generally be seen during a general dental appointment.
Dental emergencies include:
- Severe toothaches – Can be a sign of an underlying problem which should be addressed before it worsens.
- Broken tooth – Any crack, fracture or broken tooth should be treated immediately. The longer you leave it, the higher the chance that bacteria has invaded the inside of the exposed tooth. Ring Elite Dental, so that we can organize an emergency appointment and assess your tooth for the best possible treatment.
- Knocked out tooth – Accidents can happen, usually during contact sport and you may have had a tooth knocked out. In this situation please pick the tooth up by the crown and do not touch the root. Feel free to rinse it carefully and attempt to place the tooth back into the socket. However, if it will not go back in, instead place it into a container, preferably filled with milk if possible. Bring it to our emergency dental team within one hour for the best chances to save your tooth.
- Abscesses – Dental abscesses are potentially life-threatening infections that can spread and should be addressed immediately. Abscesses can cause fevers, sensitivity, toothaches and irritate the lymph nodes in the neck. Please book an emergency appointment as soon as possible and rinse your mouth with warm salty water multiple times before arriving.
- Laceration – If you have a cut or deep wound inside your mouth causing severe bleeding, please visit the closest emergency room at a hospital immediately.
Generally, if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you should ring to book an emergency appointment.
- Is the pain severe?
- Do you have a mouth infection?
- Are you bleeding from your mouth?
- Is a tooth knocked out?
- Are some of your teeth loose?
How to avoid dental emergencies
To avoid dental emergencies from occurring it’s important to take all protective measures available. This includes visiting the dentist regularly every six months and staying proactive caring for your oral health by brushing twice and flossing daily.
It is also important to wear a protective mouthguard during contact sports, preferably a custom made one to fit your bite correctly.
However, if you happen to unfortunately suffer from a dental emergency listed above, or another one, please contact us.
Emergency dentistry services during COVID-19 outbreak
Elite Dental is continuing to offer emergency dentistry services throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, as dental emergencies must be dealt with before worsening or becoming life-threatening situations.
So, please contact the team to book in for an emergency dentistry appointment by calling on (718) 370 1200.
All other elective dental services and non-emergency issues will be rescheduled to a later date to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Contact Elite Dental on Staten Island for your dental emergency
The friendly and experienced team at Elite Dental can take care of your dental emergencies and help you get out of pain.
If you are suffering from a dental emergency, please call our dental clinic on (718) 370 1200 or contact Dr. Steve Acker directly on (732) 887 3026.
Please also visit Elite Dental for a follow-up appointment if you have had to visit an emergency room for any oral related issue.